Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I love my India..

Came across this topic in Dog Journals. It is a topic very close to my heart. Makes me wonder whether there is any solution to this problem. Is there anything people like me can do to change the situation in our country(don't think we can start talking about the rest of the 3rd world countries without looking at ourselves first)?

When all my friends, colleagues (in general, people I interact with on a daily basis) keep talking about jobs, opportunities, relationships, career, goals, etc, I can't help but think what a man who can't afford two square meals a day would want in his life. What would all those poor farmers in Andhra commiting suicide really want with their lives? How would the road-side beggar look at his future?

Which brings another question to my mind - Will people be satisfied with all that they get? Most of my colleagues are discontent with the salary they get here. I admit even I might have agreed with them at times. I think people will find issues and problems no matter what happens or who they are.. I wonder what I'd have to say if I had a family and I wasn't able to feed them two times a day..

I don't really pretend to have answers to many of these questions and hundreds of others running on my mind right now.. Does my thinking really change anything at the ground level?
Maybe I should just go home and sleep..

2 comments:

A.K.B said...

I would definitely like to believe that bloggers like us can get together and do something constructive.. How effective and in what scale it would be is anybody's guess.. But then, no point in speculating without making the effort..

Bridalbeer: I daresay you would have a lot more contacts in the "Indian blogosphere" than I do.. Would love to get ideas from as many people as possible regarding this issue..

Waiting to hear from more people...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.