Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mark Knopfler in Bangalore!

Yes, its final! After some speculation about the banning of Live bands in Bangalore and a lot of hog-wash, it seems Mark Knopfler IS performing at the Palace Grounds in Bangalore on 7th March. Well, it almost seems too good to be true! I am searching for guys who'll be interested to attend the show. I am pretty sure Arjun(colleague at infy) would give me company. Should be good listening to Knopfler live! Hoping he'll play a lot of Dire Straits stuff. I haven't really heard too many of his solo numbers.

Another piece of interesting news I picked up when I was in Chennai was that PV is no longer in ACTech!! Kind of hard to imagine how it'd have been if we hadn't had him as Warden. God only knows how many poor souls were affected by this one man! I am not very sure where he is currently. I heard a rumour saying he is in Dubai!!

Anyway, good for our juniors in college. Hope they get a decent Maths teacher as his replacement! Can't forget the dreaded Numerical Methods lectures that the Hon. Dr. PV used to take in 6th sem!

So thats the news for the day as of now! Shall update it further as soon as I get more info..

1 comment:

Soultan of Swing said...

bhillu...good to see a blog finally...