Friday, March 11, 2005

Minorities and the Sangh..

Was reading a report on the Akhil Bharat Pratinidhi Sabha, where I believe it was said that Muslims and Christians are actually not minorities because they are from this country only and that their forefathers were actually Hindus. And so the concept of "minoritysim" should end. Well, makes sense to me.. However, as long as the large Hindu population of this country claims to be a majority and demands a "Hindu Rashtra", I don't blame the "minority communities" to think that they ARE a minority!

As far as I am concerned, I really don't care how many Hindus/Muslims/Christians etc live in this country.. I am not really concerned about which religion my friends follow, whether they think they are a"minority". I really don't see what purpose a statement like this addressed to entire Sangh Parivar solves and how it helps anyone(be it a Hindu or Muslim or Christian). But then, I guess being a majority, one can get away with statements like these. After all, it is easy to say all this when you actually aren't part of any "minority" community!!

No comments: