Monday, March 14, 2005

Swades and Patriotism!

Watching the on-going circus in Indian (read Jharkand, Goa and Bihar) politics, one can't help but wonder when this is going to stop.. Whatever anyone says or does seems to have a political angle to it.. Even if there isn't any, people come up with amazing conspiracy theories. It's come to a stage where I find it hard to trust anyone.. Not that my thinking is going to change the political situation anyway! However, a man is entitled to his own opinion after all..

Was reading a very interesting article on Swades, the movie and what inspired it .. I haven't yet seen the movie, though I have heard from many people that it is a 'must-watch'.. I guess the movie would be worth watching just for the idea it tries to portray rather than the fine points involved.. Being a Hindi movie, one can expect the normal drama. However as long as it conveys a message , it should be worth a watch..

One of my friends in the US was telling me that he could connect with SRK's character in the movie.. He really found it thought-provoking.. Here's another guy who echoes that sentiment.. However, it does seem to me that it is more a case of NRIs appreciating this movie than 'desis' like me.. I should be able to talk more about it after watching the movie..

No comments: