Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Those were the days..

Was thinking about good ol' days back in college today.. It all started off after a chat with Bala regarding his post on the situation in college nowadays.. Apparently there's a lot happening behind the scenes now and a lot of dirt has come up recently. Anyway, I'd rather talk about some of the "better" times in college..
Can't help thinking of my 2nd year in college when I have to look back(not that the other times weren't good!).. It was probably the time when I studied the least(what's new!).. The one year spent in good ol' JH Block is probably what I remember most about the hostel atleast. And easily the most eventful year as well.

Who can forget the midnight ride on Yogi's bike to ECR!! Or the bicycle ride to Adyar at 3 a.m.!! Taking a bath at the Hand Pump near the Health Centre in the morning and realize that our VC and Warden are watching us!! Standing in queues to take a bath in the morning.. All the midnight conversations sitting on the JH block terrace.. All the post-dinner conversations sitting in room no. 205 with Pavan's 2-in-1 blaring in the background.. All the birthday celebrations that year(yeah the bumps as well).. Ohh the wonderful food served in good ol' ACTech Mess(MESS is correct!).. All the hours wasted in the canteen.. Mechanical Engg. lab with Berk(Lab in-charge) chasing one of my classmates out of the lab.. Polymer chemistry classes - isn't it self-explanatory?.. Getting major lecture from a watchman for sitting on the terrace of my friend's house and chatting(can u believe that!).. Cricket on the terrace of the RBI building near Secretariat.. Reading Lord of the Rings bang in the middle of end-sems..The Euphoria concert at IIT Saarang.. The Coimbatore trip immediately following that.. Biotechcellence... Kalakrithi.. Texplosion...!! The new year's party at Besant Nagar Beach/ Pizza Corner.. Hostel Day Cricket Matches - belting all the unfortunate First Year teams and in turn getting belted by the Final Year Team(we still managed to win the tournament that year!!)..

I guess I could keep going on forever.. yeah, Those were the days.....

1 comment:

A.K.B said...

I think the sarcasm when I say "wonderful food in our ACTech Mess" is being missed here..
As for midnight exploits, I think they are the best part in anyone's college(atleast hostel) life..

The heartening responses are making me consider a sequel to this post.. Well, maybe some other time..